If you’re holidaying in the local area or simply planning a day tour, Carlingford Lough Ferry is the perfect opportunity to explore the Cooley Peninsula and Mourne Mountain region with a Loop the Lough drive!
Located just 3km from Carlingford Town, Carlingford Lough Ferry offers a scheduled car ferry service across Carlingford Lough, departing from our terminals located at Greenore, Co. Louth and Greencastle Co. Down.
Drive onboard the ferry and begin an unforgettable voyage of discovery across one of Ireland’s most scenic & legendary Loughs. During the crossing, you can get out of the car and experience unparalleled 360 -degree views of the majestic Mourne Mountains sweeping down to Carlingford Lough and the dramatic Cooley Peninsula from the visitor viewing deck. If you’re lucky you’ll even get to see Finn, the Lough’s resident dolphin, as you’re crossing.
General Information & Departure Times
- The ferry carries all categories of vehicles incl: cars, coaches, caravans, campervans & motorbikes in addition to push bikes and walk on passengers.
- Departure is on the hour every hour from our terminal at Greencastle, Co. Down
- Departure is on the hour every half hour from our terminal at Greenore, Co. Louth (3km from Carlingford town).
- Additional sailings during the summer months, with ferries every half hour from both sides
- Sailing time is approximately 20 mins